In the skincare world, finding that perfect cream, serum, or exfoliator that not only exfoliates your skin gently but nourishes it is like finding a gem among a sea of options available. Talking about such kinds of exfoliators, two products come to mind: Sunday Riley Good Genes and Drunk Elephant TLC Night Serum.
If you are stuck between these two, this report is for you. Here, I present a head-to-head Sunday Riley Good Genes vs Drunk Elephant TLC comparison with their key ingredients, efficiency, and more!
Sunday Riley Good Genes VS Drunk Elephant TLC | The Better Exfoliator Is?
Including exfoliators in your skincare routine ensures your skin stays free from dirt and impurities. These products also nourish your skin and make it look clean, soft, and smooth. But out of these two, which one is better for your skin? Are they worth the claims? Let us find out!
Sunday Riley Good Genes is about that ‘all-in-one’ treatment for your skin. One of the critical ingredients is purified lactic acid, considered the most hydrating form of AHAs. It promotes gentle exfoliation and a brighter skin tone. It also contains licorice, which has brightening properties that give your skin a radiant glow. Other essential ingredients include lemongrass, arnica, prickly pear extract, and aloe, which soothe and refresh the skin.
Drunk Elephant’s TLC is no less, as it contains ingredients that help exfoliate the skin but also help protect and calm it. It also includes an AHA mixture with tartaric, lactic, and citric acids that quickly complete the exfoliation process. It is also infused with BHA, which promotes unclogging of pores. Several other vital ingredients include cactus extract, horse chestnut, raspberry fruit extract, and other oils that promote skin soothing and provide antioxidant benefits to the skin so it stays protected from free radical damage.
Sunday Riley Good Genes promote cleansed and refreshed skin and gives your skin a youthful radiance with a plumping effect. As per clinical results, Good Genes enhances the appearance of lines and wrinkles in at least 3 minutes. Moreover, as per profilometry analysis, 100% of the women who used this product claimed that they noticed their skin getting smoother and radiant with fewer wrinkles and lines. 100% of the women also claimed that Good Genes was one of the most effective products that plumped their skin, and they would recommend it to others.
You’d still be surprised about Drunk Elephant TLC as the brand shows the results of a consumer perception study with 106 people. After this study was done over 2 weeks, 98% of the users felt their skin smoother after using the TLC. 93% also agreed that they could see their skin restored as they saw a healthy and radiant glow. Lastly, 92% of users claimed their dull appearance improved.
As described by the brand, Sunday Riley Good Genes are fragrance-free, paraben-free, gluten-free, soy-free, and sulfate-free. Though it is free from harmful chemicals, some users reported extreme eye irritation when applied close to the eyes. Some people with sensitive skin may also face skin redness or burning sensations. Always remember to do a patch test before proceeding with a complete application.
Drunk Elephant TLC is made without essential oils, silicones, or even fragrances, and several positive reviews exist. However, some users pointed out that the serum burns and dehydrates their skin. Some also reported breakouts or reactions on their face after applying it.
Sunday Riley Good Genes and Drunk Elephant TLC are both pretty pricey. The former retails for ** dollars and is slightly more expensive than Drunk Elephant because you can get Drunk Elephant for ** dollars. However, you can get these products on other retailer websites like Amazon for a lower price. Though both do a similar job, if you feel you can invest openly, Sunday Riley can be your pick!
Evaluation of Pros and Cons | Sunday Riley Good Genes VS Drunk Elephant TLC
Sunday Riley Good Genes Pros
- AHA-based lactic acid profoundly exfoliates the skin so your skin gets an instant glow.
- It instantly reduces the appearance of wrinkles and lines.
- Your skin feels plump and healthy.
- It works by unclogging pores, cleaning your skin deeply, and leaving it radiant.
- Your skin also feels brighter as you can see a restored skin layer, making you look refreshed.
- It gives your skin a soothing effect.
- The ingredients also ensure your skin stays moisturized.
- Some ingredients also reduce any discomfort feeling on your skin.
- Free from fragrances, gluten, parabens, sulfates, and soy.
- Vegan and cruelty-free.
- Expensive, which is why people look for Sunday Riley Good Genes dupes.
- Some users reported seeing blemishes and redness after using it.
- It may pile up when used with other products.
Drunk Elephant TLC Pros
- This AHA/BHA gel promotes an even skin tone as it resurfaces dull and congested skin.
- It works on improving the look of wrinkles and lines.
- Its ingredients help in cleansing the skin by unclogging pores and loosening sebum.
- Many of its ingredients calm and soothe the skin with their soothing properties.
- They also provide antioxidant benefits that protect the skin,
- It contains gentle exfoliators that cleanse the skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- It moisturizes, hydrates, and nourishes the skin so your skin can get an overall healthy and radiant glow.
- It contains one of the most essential hydrating ingredients, sodium hyaluronate crosspolymer, which intensely hydrates the skin to leave it plump.
- Free from essential oils, silicones, and fragrances.
- Vegan and cruelty-free.
- It may feel greasy on the skin.
- The packaging is like a pump, which may not work sometimes.
- Some users with dry skin reported that it turned their skin drier and gave them a burning feel.
Customer Feedback | Sunday Riley Good Genes VS Drunk Elephant TLC
ChristineMC happily shared about Good Genes, “It has changed my skin for the better. I don’t use it daily, but whenever I do, it instantly makes my skin glow and even tone. I use this product when I have an event or big function. If I use it daily, it breaks my skin out.”
A user named Callie said, ‘Sunday Riley said “You could use it under or over a moisturizer or even makeup. But it rolls off my skin and pills whenever I do that! I can only use it when I am not using any other products. So it becomes kind of a waste for me!”
A user said about Drunk Elephant TLC, “It is a costly serum, and I hoped a lot from it, but the results did not blow me away. It is a gentle night serum that fades my dark spots faster. However, the consistency is thick, and it felt like it did not absorb into my skin; it just sat there!”
Another user said about Drunk Elephant TLC, “The pump broke after a few uses. For the amount of money that comes with it and the packaging it comes in, the pump should be designed for more uses, not just a few. Now, I must carefully and precisely pour it on my hands without overdoing it. This is not the only product I bought where my pump broke.“
Frequently Asked Questions
What does the Drunk Elephant TLC Night serum do?
It is an AHA/BHA-formulated treatment to exfoliate dead skin cells for improved skin texture. It also addresses other skin concerns like hydration and smoothness and works on reducing the look of wrinkles and lines.
Does Sunday Riley Good Genes help with wrinkles and lines?
Yes, as per the brand, Good Genes can instantly reduce the appearance of wrinkles within about 3 minutes of its application. Moreover, it also contains ingredients that plump your skin and smooth out wrinkles and lines.
As the ultimate Sunday Riley Good Genes VS Drunk Elephant TLC ends, it is pretty clear that both work similarly and have key ingredients like AHA and lactic acid. Some users report that Sunday Riley Good Genes works gentler and has good ingredients. Though it might be expensive, I think it is safe to say, even from the clinical results and study, that Good Genes does have the potential to be the winner!