MAC Cosmetics is among the top brands, or to be specific, among the globally-loved beauty brands with a great variety of products. And if you’re already a fan of theirs, you’ve probably heard of their Spice Lip Liner, which has made people go gaga!
Well, if you are thinking of joining the madness of this hyped lip liner but don’t want to lose so much money, then we got your back! If you want a perfect MAC Spice Lip Liner dupe, here are some of the best dupes that will help make people refuse to believe it isn’t the original Spice Lip Liner.
MAC Spice Lip Liner Dupe | 11 Best Picks
MAC Spice Lip Liner has been going viral, and there is a reason people love it. Being the warm brownish shade it is, it gives your lips a touch of subtleness without making them look extreme. This best-seller has everything, be it shaping, filling, or lining. The liner can be your go-to choice, not just because of its shade but also because it has a fantastic texture that will not disturb the comfort of your lips.
Being formulated with vegetable oil and Japan Fruit Wax, the lip liner is very creamy and highly pigmented. The creamy formula makes it easy to get a smooth application without struggling to outline the lips. With skin-beneficial ingredients, the lip liner not just helps you shape your lips but also hydrates and moisturizes them so the health of your skin or lips isn’t compromised at any cost.
- Hydrogenated vegetable oil present acts as an emollient and also helps in improving the hydration of the skin.
- It doesn’t pull your skin during application.
- The lip liner is quite long and hence lasts for a long time.
- Offers a very smooth and easy application.
- Highly pigmented.
- Very creamy texture.
- It sharpens very well without breaking or causing a mess.
- Free from silicone and parabens.
- Does not contain harmful chemicals like coal tar, mineral oil, or toluene.
- It can turn out to be a little drying over time.
- An expensive choice, and hence not everyone can afford it.
Milani is among those brands that grab the beauty lover’s attention by offering various products at affordable prices. And just like that, the brand’s covered you with its MAC Spice Lip Liner dupe with its Color Statement Lipliner. It is a creamy formula that glides onto your lips, giving you a hassle-free application.
Be it lining or even using it as a complete nude lipstick, this lipliner is here for you. It pairs with neutral and nude lipsticks and other dark and bold colors. Being the soft and creamy formula it is, it doesn’t dry out your lips and helps in giving you a subtle look you need.
- The application is super easy, and you do not have to encounter any kind of mess.
- It doesn’t dry out.
- The shade works great on various skin tones.
- Doesn’t tug on the lipline.
- It is very creamy.
- It can be worn as nude lipstick as well.
- It is long-lasting.
- Can be sharpened easily.
- Vegan product.
- Some users said it had a reddish tone when applied to the lips rather than the usual brownish nude.
- It may be wiped off while eating, so you must reapply it.
Being America’s number 1 Lip Liner Brand, NYX wins hearts with its versatility in the shade ranges and offers them at appealing prices that will make you go gaga over them. The brand’s Nude Pink shade is similar to the MAC Spice shade, making it yet another good dupe. Though it slightly has a pinkish shade, it still has a great color payoff.
The lip liner is mechanical, so you don’t have to waste time or even create a mess or worry about breakage because of sharpening. The formula is creamy and pigmented, does not smudge off your lips, and stays on them for an extended period. It contains citric acid, usually considered a safe ingredient as it is suitable for all skin types.
- The brand is rated as number 1 in America regarding lip liners.
- The formula is vibrant and pigmented.
- It is super creamy and soft.
- The formula is very lightweight.
- It has a good smell.
- The color payoff is excellent.
- It is a mechanical formatted lip liner that makes the application very easy.
- There is no worry about sharpening or breakage of the tip because of sharpening.
- Some users complained that the tip kept breaking off.
- It can crackle on the lips after some time.
With Barry M’s lip liners, you can get the perfect pout in terms of definition or outlining. The shade Russet is a warm brown shade, which is very similar to MAC’s Spice Lip Liner. The formula is well made as it is a creamy texture, creamy enough to let you define your lips firmly.
The lip liner is easy to blend, so mix it with various lipsticks to get the perfect shade and mix. The finish provided by this lipstick isn’t completely matte, as it gives a semi-matte finish to your lips. It is formulated with hydrogenated vegetable oil which is said to soften your skin. It is also said to have the property to prevent moisture loss so your lips stay hydrated.
- It has hydrogenated vegetable oil, which is a good emollient for our skin.
- They glide onto your lips very effortlessly.
- It blends well with your lipsticks.
- It feels super smooth on the lips.
- The application process is simple and does not require specific instructions.
- The color looks beautiful.
- It stays on your lips for hours.
- An affordable choice.
- Cruelty-free and PETA certified.
- Some users had to face problems with shade mismatches.
- With use, it gets hard to apply and can leave some product patches on your lips.
Rimmel is another brand that offers various products at affordable prices, making it one of the best brands to buy our makeup products from. The brand proudly claims that the Lasting Finish lip liner is the one, as you can say from the name itself, that stays on your lips for 8 long hours. The creamy texture of the liner makes the tip go onto your lips smoothly.
This long-wearing lip liner is formulated with hydrogenated palm oil, which can condition your skin or lips and acts as an emollient. It also contains citric acid, a good ingredient and suitable for all skin types.
- The quality of the pencil is good.
- The tip of the lip liner is sharp, which helps in giving you a precise definition of your lips.
- Blends very easily.
- It can last for 8 hours on your lips.
- Very pigmented formula.
- It comes in various shades, around 14 of them.
- The creamy texture of the liner helps in an easy application.
- You can easily shape or line your lips with the lip liner.
- It is an affordable pick.
- The color may look brownish-nude, but it was more of a rusty orange to some users.
- Several users complained that the lip liner did not last for 8 hours.
- It smears very easily.
The brand offers its impressive Denude Collection with various products like highlighters, blushes, lipsticks, eyeshadows, and Velvetine Lip Liners. Well, we are concerned with their Lip Liner collection as of now, and in that the Body Language shade is the one that is quite similar to the MAC Spice shade. It has a nude and a neutral shade that aligns with many skin tones.
This Lip Pencil is a creamy textured one that can be used to outline, define, or even as a base for your lipsticks. They give your lips a velvety finish that lasts for an extended period. It is waterproof that will let your pout stay well-defined for hours.
- It is very pigmented.
- It gives you the color within a single stroke.
- You can define your lips and even outline them with the lip pencil.
- You can even use it as a base for your lipsticks.
- Stays on your lips for a long time.
- Cruelty-free brand.
- Vegan friendly.
- Very little information about the product makes us skeptical about its legitimacy.
- It can be a little expensive compared to other dupes.
If you know NYX Cosmetics, you know how the brand offers a variety of makeup products at affordable prices. It is known to have several dupes with slight differences. Similarly, NYX’s Slim Lip Pencil in the shade Peekaboo Neutral is quite similar to the Spice shade of MAC as it has a warm and peachy-nude shade.
This smoothly textured lip pencil is used by several users not only to define their lips or outline them but also to prevent their lipsticks from bleeding or feathering. It has a great color payoff and stays on for hours. The formula is made with some skin-loving ingredients like shea butter and jojoba seed oil that ensure good hydration to your skin.
- The texture of the liner is very creamy and smooth.
- It is infused with ingredients like shea butter that ensure skin hydration while making it soft.
- It also contains jojoba seed oil, an excellent ingredient for dry or chapped lips as it helps lock in moisture.
- The application process is straightforward and does not cause any mess.
- It prevents the bleeding of your lipstick.
- You can use it as lipstick as well.
- The pigmented nature of the lip liner makes it super blendable.
- It is a very affordable pick.
- Has a good scent.
- Good color payoff.
- Some users said the texture turned gritty and not smooth enough.
- A few users complained about its staying power as it did not stay on for long.
With L’Oreal Paris’s Lip Liner, you can make your lipstick stay in place better. The brand is globally famous, and you can rely on it for various makeup products. The Riche Couture Lip Liner in the shade Beige A Nu is a warm nude shade that helps you enhance your natural lips by either outlining them or defining them. The texture of the liner is very creamy, which helps in a smooth application.
With the pigmented texture, you can use the liner to even cover the pigmentation on the lips or simply use it as a liner alone. It also does not dry on your lips and stays on them for hours. When used with lipstick, it can help prevent bleeding or feathering.
- The texture is very smooth and creamy.
- With the tip, you can easily define and outline your lips.
- The staying power of the lip liner is excellent.
- You can eat or drink with the liner on and may not have to reapply it again, as it does not wear off quickly.
- You can use it individually and top it off with a lip gloss to get a subtle glow on your lips.
- The application process is straightforward.
- The liner comes in color-coded packaging hence making it easy to identify.
- It does not bleed on your lips.
- The texture is so creamy that it tends to break quite a lot.
- It can still be expensive compared to other dupes.
ColourPop is a brand that has won hearts because of its high-quality makeup products that come not only in a wide range but are also super affordable. The Lippie pencils of the brand are famous for how smoothly they get on the lips. The shade BFF2 is warm-toned nude, hence a good MAC Spice Lip Liner dupe. The smooth application of this liner not only glides onto your lips easily but also does not settle on the lines of the lips.
The lip liner’s intensely pigmented and creamy formula prevents any tugging or pulling of the lips while applying. It gives your lips a matte finish. The color payoff is excellent and stays on your lips long. As per the brand, it also prevents feathering.
- The Lippie pencil is super pigmented.
- It has a creamy formula.
- The creamy formula makes the application process very smooth and easy.
- There is no tugging of lips.
- Your lips don’t get pulled while applying it.
- It gives your lips a matte finish.
- It feels comfortable on your lips.
- You can either pair it with your favorite lipstick or just use it as it is to get an elegant pout.
- It gets over quickly because of constant sharpening.
- It may not be suitable for people with dark skin tones.
You’ve got to agree. Maybelline is among those top beauty brands that win hearts with its wide range of products and offer them at affordable prices, so you don’t have to worry about breaking the bank! The brand’s Color Sensational line has almost 20 different shades. However, Dusty Rose is similar to MAC’s Spice Lip Liner.
Though it has a slightly more pinkish undertone, it still is similar to the Spice shade and offers you the natural pout you desire. It is a creamy liner that helps define your lips or even outlines them how you want. It contains citric acid, considered safe for almost all skin types.
- It has good staying power.
- Its creamy formula makes the liner gliding over the lips very easy.
- It is a great shade that gives you a natural pout look.
- The formula is lightweight.
- It contains citric acid, a safe ingredient for almost all skin types.
- There are many shades available in the range.
- The application process is mess-free.
- The shade matches many different shades of lipsticks.
- Several users complained that it kept breaking into small pieces.
- It can still be an expensive pick, especially considering the job it does.
- You may have to keep reapplying it.
Essence is yet another affordable brand that offers makeup products at excellent prices. The brand is a proud owner of an award for providing innovative and cruelty-free beauty products at budget-friendly prices. The Lip Liner in the shade Cinnamon is similar to MAC’s Spice Lip Liner; hence it can be considered a good dupe.
While providing full coverage, this lip liner glides onto your lips smoothly. It has excellent staying power, up to almost 8 hours, while giving your lips a beautiful matte finish.
- Stays on your lips for 8 long hours.
- It gives your lips a matte finish.
- It feels comfortable on your lips.
- Gives your lips full coverage.
- It contains avocado oil, a good ingredient in lip care products.
- Free from parabens and alcohol.
- The color may not be very pigmented.
- Not many reviews are available.
If you are into makeup, you must have come across Revlon, especially when considering budget-friendly products. It is a well-known brand that has succeeded in gathering a lot of trust from its customers with its innovative and high-quality products. The brand’s Lip Liner in the shade Nude is similar to the Spice shade of MAC.
The packaging of these liners from the brand is impressive as they come in color-coded ones, the color or shade you’ve chosen. The pencil can be used by rolling the base to extend the tip of the pencil. The pigmented formula of the liner helps in a defined and a sharp look to your lips.
- The formula is pigmented and creamy.
- It prevents bleeding and feathering of lipstick or even the liner.
- The packaging is very appealing and is not like others.
- It is affordable.
- The brand is a well-known one with many happy customers.
- It has a built-in sharpener.
- It has good staying power.
- The application is simple.
- The shaft can break easily as it is very soft.
- The color or shade is quite dull and could look more pigmented than it already is.
FAQs | MAC Spice Lip Liner Dupe
Can you wear a lip liner alone?
Yes, you can go with a lip liner alone, without any lipstick. You can do this, especially when you want a subtle or natural look for your lips. You can add a gloss of your choice if you want to add some shine.
What are some of the affordable brands that can be used as dupes for MAC?
There are several drugstore brands or affordable brands out there that can be perfect for dupes. Considering MAC, some of the dupes for it are Maybelline, NYX, Essence, Rimmel, Wet n Wild, and many others.
Can I wear the MAC Spice Lip Liner with any lipstick shade?
The MAC Spice Lip Liner is impressive and matches many lipstick shades. Some shades you can pair with brown, nude, pink, or even peach. Depending on your skin tone, you can change the shades.
MAC Spice Lip Liner is a versatile shade that is not only cream and pigmented but matches many lipsticks. You can even use it individually as lipstick or just as a base for your lipstick. The major drawback of this liner has to be its price point. But you don’t have to worry at all because a simple, high-quality ingredient MAC Spice Lip Liner Dupe, will help you out.
Many brands offer similar shades like the Spice one, so considering your favorite brand or the ingredients and price, you can easily choose any dupe mentioned above.