In the ever-evolving world of skincare, the quest for a perfect elixir that protects the skin against the relentless march of time feels surreal. Vitamin C enters the chat when you talk about skin protection. And when you combine both Vitamin C and skin protection, two serums have made people stop.
Alto Defense Serum and the CE Ferulic Serum! If you feel the same about these two serums, this Alto Defense Serum VS CE Ferulic comparison will determine your best vitamin C serum!
Alto Defense Serum VS CE Ferulic | The Better Skin Protector Of The Two
Alto Defense Serum from Skinbetter and CE Ferulic from SkinCeuticals are formulated to protect your skin from environmental stressors and relieve it with their potent skin-beneficial properties. Let me give you a deeper insight into these products as I compare their ingredients, benefits, drawbacks, and some honest customer reviews so you can decide the winner yourself!
Starting with Alto Defense Serum, you know it is an antioxidant protection, so it has to have some powerful antioxidants. Apart from these antioxidants, it is also infused with some ingredients that promote brightness, calmness, and radiance and enhance skin firmness.
- Vitamin C and E cancel out the UVB-induced radicals.
- Licorice Extract: improves skin brightness.
- Extracts of Acai, turmeric, Grape Seed, Cocoa, Green Tea, and Olive protect the skin against free radicals.
- Coffee, Saffron, Ergothioneine, and Superoxide Dismutase improve the liveliness and radiance of the skin.
- Trifluoroacetyl Tripeptide-2 enhances skin firmness and resilience.
Talking about CE Ferulic Acid, you know from the name itself that it contains a blend of super essential vitamins like Vitamin C and E, along with ferulic acid. Other ingredients also help nourish and hydrate for better-protected and better-looking skin.
- L-Ascorbic Acid: a highly potent form of Vitamin C, it helps cancel out free radicals and protects against oxidative stress.
- Alpha Tocopherol, a pure form of Vitamin E, replenishes skin lipids and cancels out free radicals.
- Ferulic Acid enhances overall antioxidant benefits.
- Sodium hyaluronate improves hydration and reduces the appearance of wrinkles and lines.
Effectiveness & Results
Alto Defense Serum is not just about protecting your skin with its antioxidants; consistent use can result in an improved skin tone. It is also said to help with redness. This serum, which slows aging and fights wrinkles and lines, has been awarded 3 times, twice by Allure and once by Tatler Beauty. Using it two times daily, you can visibly see an improvement in the structure of your skin as it feels more healthy and less red or fragile.
Similarly, SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic offers an advanced level of protection to your skin from environmental damage. It also improves the appearance of wrinkles and lines, enhances skin firmness, and promotes the brightening of your skin. As per clinical studies, the skin’s firmness increased by 37% while the skin radiance increased by 44%. Moreover, there was a reduction of up to 27% in the appearance of fine lines, while it was 36% in wrinkles. This Vitamin C serum is also said to stay in power and effective on the skin for up to 72 hours after the application.
The Alto Defense Serum is easy to use and requires no extra hustle. The packaging is also made so you get the most out of the container. It is a twist-up pump that helps control the amount of product being dispensed so no leakage or extra product is being wasted. It applies easily on the skin and absorbs well.
On the other hand, CE Ferulic comes in a dropper-type container. Some of you know that using droppers can sometimes be inconvenient regarding hygiene. This is because it can touch your skin and acne, and then the same dropper is returned to the product. This leads to unhygienic situations, which can be a massive problem for our sensitive skin fellows. Moreover, some people felt that it had an overpowering scent and made the skin feel sticky.
Safety & Side Effects
Vitamin C can contain Ascorbic acid, sometimes drying out your skin. Because of this, vitamin C can have side effects like redness, itchiness, tingling sensations, or slight skin rashes. People with sensitive skin, especially the ones who cannot handle Vitamin C, must be careful around these serums.
Though both these serums are infused with Vitamin C, it is always recommended to perform a patch test before you dive right into it. Moreover, the CE Ferulic Serum is said to have a strong scent, which may again irritate the skin, especially those with reactive or sensitive skin.
SkinBetter Science and SkinCeuticals are high-end luxury brands offering expensive but well-formulated products with prescription strength and more robust ingredients than some drugstore ones. You can get the Alto Defense Serum on their official website for $165. With this amount of money, you get 30ml of the serum, which lasts for quite a long time. This is why you can easily find a good Alto Defence Serum dupe at a much lower price. However, the CE Ferulic costs $182 for the same 30ml product. Though there is only a difference of almost 20 dollars, both serums offer similar benefits.
Evaluation of Pros and Cons | Alto Defense Serum VS CE Ferulic
Alto Defense Serum Pros
- The Alto Defense Serum is infused with powerful antioxidants that work together to guard the skin against free radical damage.
- It delays the aging process and fights off premature aging.
- You can visibly see a youthful glow in your skin with consistent use.
- It offers protection against UVB radiations, oxidative stress, and environmental aggressors.
- Your skin’s brightness is also enhanced with regular use.
- It helps in treating discoloration and hyperpigmentation.
- You get an even skin tone and an overall enhanced complexion.
- The texture is lightweight and gets absorbed into the skin pretty fast.
- The packaging is very convenient.
- There is a very light or mild scent.
- You can see a visible reduction in wrinkles and fine lines.
- SkinBetter Science products are not often available easily. They are usually sold through authorized providers, which limits the accessibility of the products.
- It is expensive.
- Takes time to show results.
CE Ferulic Pros
- The CE Ferulic Serum is made with ingredients that strive to protect your skin from environmental damage.
- These ingredients also help improve skin firmness so you don’t have to face skin sagging.
- Your skin feels more radiant and glowy.
- It stays in action for almost 3 days of its application.
- You can visibly see a difference in your wrinkles and fine lines.
- It helps with discoloration.
- It also helps with hydration to some extent.
- Overall, it provides many anti-aging benefits for your skin.
- Many reviews about this product are available online, offering a better understanding.
- A little goes a long way.
- Free from parabens, alcohol, and fragrances.
- Several users reported that the scent of the Serum was not pleasant at all and was quite strong.
- Expensive for the amount it comes for.
- It can turn out to be somewhat sticky on the skin sometimes.
Customer Feedback | Alto Defense Serum VS CE Ferulic
A user commented about Alto Defense Serum, ‘I am loving this. It is too early for the results, but there have been some good points I’d like to mention. The packaging is impressive; you just have to twist the top and not worry about losing the lids. The consistency is medium and absorbs well. My skin is not sticky, and there is a very mild scent. However, I use a moisturizer at night and in the morning. There have been no drawbacks so far. I hope to see some results as I reach 5 weeks!’
A user named Soph commented about CE Ferulic, ‘I used it two times, but I had to stop because of its smell. It gave a chicken-like smell. When applied to the face, the smell remains. It has a thick and greasy consistency, which becomes somewhat hard to rub. But it still works, though! ’
Another user, Rosa P., said about Alto Defense Serum, ‘This particular serum is everything! I had acne spots, and it helped me with it. It also improved my overall complexion very much. Your skin is left feeling refreshed and gives a youthful radiance!’
NancyM1 commented about CE Ferulic, ‘I like it a lot! I liked the packaging, too! It felt very nice and pleasant as I applied it to my face. It gave me a mild tingling feeling, but overall, it made my face feel nice. I also felt that it reduced my lines slightly.’
FAQs | Alto Defense Serum VS CE Ferulic
What are the differences in the application of Alto defense and CE Ferulic?
CE Ferulic has a liquid and lightweight texture and is often used in the morning before applying sunscreen. However, the Alto Defense Serum can be applied in the morning and at night.
What is the exact color of the CE ferulic when opened?
As per the brand, the color of CE Ferulic, when opened, usually varies from clear to pale yellow and sometimes amber. This contains active ingredients, which can, over some time, darken the solution. When it turns brown, it is said to be oxidized and has lost its power to work and show effectiveness.
Is Alto Defense Serum worth it?
According to customer reviews, which are pretty low in number, the Alto Defense Serum worked to brighten their skin and make them feel refreshed. It contains potent ingredients with excellent skin benefits like Vitamin C, cocoa, licorice, coffee, etc. However, the lack of easy availability of the product and the low number of reviews can make you skeptical about it.
As I conclude this battle of Alto Defense Serum VS CE Ferulic, it is clear that both serums were made to offer skin protection and help with other aging benefits. One major drawback of Alto Defense Serum that I have noticed is that it is not readily available so you can find only a few reviews.
You would want to learn more about a product when investing a hefty amount. Other than that, CE Ferulic has many users worldwide and has both positive and negative reviews. If you are ready to invest that much for your skin protection, then maybe it is safe when you research it well!